After shortening the muffler (see "Muffler Shortening") I needed to make a new bracket because the old one would cover my Akrapovic decal and Sean said it looks ghetto. I figured I'd bang this out in an evening but it ended up taking several.
I always produce a detailed drawing of the part I want to make on Fusion 360, this case was no exception... except I did the drawing by hand. This is probably why it took me so long to make a simple bracket.
Here is the shortened muffler with the carbon fiber strap. The CF strap can be moved on the muffler, but I wanted it there because it's roughly in the middle of the empty space. Also, if I end up being sponsored by Akrapovic then they will want their sticker visible on the bike.
The pictures kind of speak for themselves here so I'll let them do most of the talking.
Essentially, I made 3 bosses using 3/4" steel round bar, drilled and tapped M8 for mounting to the chassis/muffler. Then, cut up some 1/2" steel tubing at the required angles and welded them to the bosses. Initially I was going for the welded look, but it ended up looking like garbage so I smoothed them out with a file and dremel.
Sorry, no pictures of the welding because it was too embarrassing.
Worlds longest chapter for a muffler bracket. Also, worlds longest production time for a muffler bracket.
Yeah thanks! I thought that was a nice touch as well.
Looks wayyyy better now. Interesting idea using the bosses like that to conceal the hardware behind the tabs on the frame. Ve...
Copyright (c) 2015 project-build.net. All rights reserved.